Estate & Legacy Planning
Estate & Legacy Planning helps to ensure that your assets are transferred to your beneficiaries before and after your death, consistent with your wishes. Your PPS Certified Financial Planner™ will review your retirement needs, insurance coverage, real estate holdings, investment assets, trusts, and other assets. He/she will work closely with you and your estate attorney to implement a personalized Plan with some or all of the following objectives:
- Protect your assets from high long-term care costs and provide for your family should you become disabled of die.
- Maximize the value of your estate by minimizing potential taxes, death, and other expenses.
- Ensure estate settlement process will be as simple and efficient as possible for your executor/executrix and/or trustee.
- Ensure that your assets are transferred to individuals and organizations you choose.
- Make gifts of assets to beneficiaries during your life to reduce your taxable estate.
- Ensure that you have an updated Last Will and Testament, Healthcare Proxy, and Power of Attorney.
- Ensure that you have updated beneficiary designations and financial institution Power of Attorney documents in place.
Taking a “family office” approach, we seek to develop a deep understanding your family situation, your financial objectives for your family members, potential conflicts and concerns, and requirements for family member financial education. If possible, we like to get to know your family members and/or your Executor/Executrix personally, to help foster optimum communication with major events occur.